Just a reminder that Wreaths Across America is one of our Fall projects this year. We are looking for volunteers to lay wreaths on Veterans’ graves at the Abraham Lincoln Cemetery on Saturday, December 16th. You can only register on-line to volunteer (we can not register you).
In order to signup to volunteer:
- Navigate to the main Wreaths Across America page: Wreaths Across America
- Click the red Volunteer button
- Select, “Volunteer at an Event”
- Type: ILALNE, in the top search bar
- Scroll down a little, and click the View button next to Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery Elwood
- Press the grey “2. Volunteer” button
- Fill in your information, check whichever boxes you’d like (The “I agree to the terms and conditions” box must be checked.)
- Press the Finish button.
In order to donate a wreath through the Lockport Woman’s Club, go to this link: https://wreaths.fastport.com/donateLocation.html?page=43759&relate=16036
Wreaths may also be purchased for $15 each, and for every two wreaths purchased a third will be donated.
Forms will be available at the October and November meeting if you would like to purchase a wreath. The forms will be collected at both meetings along with checks made out to Wreaths Across America.
What Is Wreaths Across America?
In 2007, the Worcester family, along with veterans, and others who had helped with their annual Christmas wreath ceremony in Arlington, formed Wreaths Across America™, to continue and expand this effort, and support other groups around the country who wanted to do the same. This nonprofit organization continues the Arlington tradition as part of its mission to Remember, Honor and teach.
In 2016, Wreaths Across America and our national network of volunteers laid over 1,204,000 memorial wreaths at nearly 1200 locations in the United States and beyond. We accomplished this with help from over 2800 fundraising groups, many corporate contributions, and donations of trucking, shipping, and thousands of helping hands. Our annual pilgrimage from Harrington, Maine to Arlington National Cemetery is known as the world’s largest veteran’s parade, stopping at schools, monuments, veteran’s homes and communities all along the way to remind people how important it is to remember, honor and teach.
Proceeds place a wreath at one of the participating cemeteries; help support our fundraising partners, educational and veteran’s services outreach. Please note that all sponsorships are sent directly to the location and no wreaths are sent to the individuals purchasing sponsorships.
Wreaths Across America National Schedule of Events
Sunday, December 10, 2017
- Start of World’s Longest Veterans Parade from Maine to Arlington National Cemetery and participating locations
Monday, December 11, 2017
- State House wreath-laying ceremonies in all 50 States and Puerto Rico
Saturday December 16, 2017
- Abraham Lincoln National Cemetery in Elwood, IL ceremony starts at 11:00 am.
- Simultaneous wreath-laying ceremonies at over 1100 locations all across the country and beyond.
For more information visit www.WreathsAcrossAmerica.org, or call 877-385-9504.
You can also email firstname.lastname@example.org