Here it is August already! I would like to thank the Board members for all the work they have put in already preparing for this Club year.
- Amy Byrne has been busy putting together some interesting programs.
- Sue Drake has once again gotten the yearbook ready to have at our September meeting.
- Lynn Doyle has the book club list ready.
- Jane Pasaglia has worked on the budget and also planned our Prayer Breakfast.
- Diane DeCero is planning a wonderful Christmas party (can’t wait!).
- Kathy McCarthy for keeping up with the mail.
- Kim Bell for sending out emails and continuing to get the meeting information out.
- Nola Lara for updating the membership list and Carol Coverdill for recording all the meeting activity.
- Karen Custer who will be the Christmas Crossroads board representative.
- Barb Mullin who will be the chairperson for the Scholarship committee.
Our first project of the year was school supplies for SOS Village. We will be able to deliver a good supply to the facility in time for school openings. Thanks to all who donated!
The first general meeting will be held at the Gladys Fox Museum on Thursday, September 21, 2017 at 9:30 am. The summer scholarship winners will be present as well as a brief talk about Park District news from Bill Reardon. We will collect items for our ongoing projects: Dragon Master Recycling for Brain Cancer Research and books for veterans.
The first book club meeting will be Thursday, September 28, 2017 at the Lockport Branch Library at 6:30. The book is Hero of the Empire by Candice Millard. The book is about Winston Churchill and all are invited to attend.
You will want to mark your calendars now for Christmas Crossroads on Friday through Sunday, November 17-19. Every member is asked to give 3 hours of their time either preparing for the show or during that weekend. The new committee is going to do a wonderful job. It’s going to be a great show so also plan to do some shopping!
If you don’t hear from a caller or receive an email about a meeting, please contact Kim Bell. And feel free to contact me about any ideas, concerns, projects, etc. I look forward to working with all the club members this year. Enjoy the rest of the summer!